Mon, 06 May|
4 Day Kakadu Mindfulness Adventure (Women's Tour)
This is a fantastic opportunity to escape into the beautiful outback, immerse yourself in nature, and feel grounded, empowered, and aligned with your inner being. Experience various mindfulness techniques nestled in powerful and ancient landscapes of majestic Kakadu National Park.
Time & Location
06 May 2024, 8:00 am ACST – 09 May 2024, 5:00 pm ACST
Darwin City, 1/2 Harriet Pl, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
About The Event
Kakadu Women’s Mindfulness Adventure Retreat
This journey is the perfect mix of Fun, Adventure & Mindfulness that will revive your Mind, Body & Spirit. Witness the ancient landscapes of the Top End, experience various mindfulness techniques in some very powerful and unique places and nourish your body with healthy, delicious meals. This adventure will leave you grounded and blissed out ;)
SAFE YOUR SPOT! Deposit only $350
***Contact WSR for payment plan!***
4 days, 3 nights
KOPI Stop, 1/2 Harriet Pl, Darwin City NT 0800
- Be guided on an expedition from Darwin to Kakadu, exploring beautiful landscapes, learning about local culture and connecting with like-minded women.
- See some of the world's most magnificent Rock Art in World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park.
- Participate in mindfulness and mindfulness activities led by a qualified life coach
- Experience the power of Breathwork and meditation out on this powerful ancient country
- Guided walks (up to 3 km, grade 2-4)
- Swim at waterfalls and secluded swimming holes
- 3 x breakfast, 4 x lunch, 3 x dinner
- Drinking Water
- Camping equipment
- Campsite fees and National Park entry tickets
- Transport to all destinations in an air-conditioned 4WD.
- Accredited and Knowledgeable driver-guide
- Mindfulness activities
- 3 Nights camping in Tent with Swag
- Learn about Indigenous culture and rock art viewing
- Wetlands River Cruise
- Any drinks besides water
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
Day 1: Darwin - Kakadu National Park
Meet at KOPI Stop, 1/2 Harriet Pl, Darwin City approx 8am for coffee & connect. We commence our adventure in Darwin, where we'll set out towards Kakadu National Park, making our way to Ubirr to witness ancient Rock Art and learn about local Indigenous culture and stories. Enjoy scenic views from the Escarpment out over the Wetlands. In the afternoon we will make our way to our campsite to set up and relax.
*First day does not include Breakfast. Distance Traveled: 380 km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 1-km loop, Grade 2.
Day 2: Kakadu National Park
Burrungkuy (Nourlangie). Here, we'll uncover one of the world's most impeccably preserved collections of Aboriginal Rock Art. We'll delve into the rich history of cultural and environmental changes in the region. Our journey then takes us to the renowned Warradjan Cultural Centre, providing us invaluable insights into local Indigenous culture and history. This afternoon we embark on a cruise across captivating Wetlands Region of the Yellow Water Billabong. This presents an exceptional chance to observe an extensive array of wildlife from the Top End. Keep an eye our for crocodiles.
After an eventful day, we retreat to our campsite to prepare a hearty dinner
Distance Traveled: 160 km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 1km loop, Grade 2.
Day 3: Kakadu NP - Litchfield National Park
Today we head towards the south of Kakadu. Here, we dedicate the morning to immersing ourselves in the awe-inspiring natural wonders, traversing lush monsoon rainforests, and indulging in refreshing swims amidst pristine plunge pools. Depending on seasonal access we may choose to explore Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) or Yurmikmik (Motor Car Falls). This afternoon our journey takes us through Pine Creek, a quaint pioneering town located in the Katherine region just outside of Kakadu National Park. This town gained fame in the 1970s for its gold discovery. En route, we pause for a brief revitalising break at the Adelaide River before continuing our journey to the enchanting Litchfield National Park where we will stay overnight
Distance Traveled: 275km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 1.5km - 3km. Grade 2-4.
Day 4: Litchfield NP to Darwin.
Our last day of the adventure! Prepare to be enchanted by Litchfield's pristine natural haven, where spring-fed streams meander through rugged sandstone escarpments. Here, you'll have the opportunity to relish moments of tranquility at some of the idyllic rock pools and cascading waterfalls. like Buley Rockhole, Wangi Falls, or Florence Falls, where you can indulge in rejuvenating dips. There are a lot of places to choose from in Litchfield, we will choose the best ones for each group.
Distance Traveled: 185km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 1 to 2 km. Grade 1-2.
*Last day does not include dinner
Food and accommodation:
You will enjoy delicious and nutritious meals catered for any dietary requirements (Please let us know before our trip any dietary requirements you have). In total, five breakfasts, six lunches and five dinners with plenty of tasty snacks to help you keep going throughout the day. All meals are prepared onsite, and everyone will have an opportunity to come together to pitch in and help with the preparation.
Each night we will be comfortable camping. Camping equipment is provided, and we will be in a different location each night.
You will be provided with a Swag, Pillow, Pillow case, and a tent to share. You will need to bring your sleeping bag, or you can arrange to rent one from us for $20.00.
This is an active trip involving daily short hikes and walks, sometimes over uneven terrain, ranging from a few hundred meters to 6km, through rocky riverbed, stepping up and down, over rocks and boulders, or from boulder to boulder. Medium to high fitness level recommended. You are most welcome to come along, even if you aren't super fit. But keep in mind you might have to sit some of the walks out. However there is NO age limit, everyone is welcome. Our trips are often quite mixed in terms of age, where people are from and what they do. There is also a weight restriction of max 90kg due to limited seating in the vehicle.
Who is this for?
This retreat is for those who want more than just a holiday and more than just a retreat. This is a perfect combination of both. Connect with like-minded women, laugh together, overcome challenges together, and learn how to conquer the mind.
This trip is whatever you want it to be:
- Just a relaxing fun holiday away from your phone and everyday stress, or
- A mind and body reset, learning new tools and trick to implement in everyday life, or
- A life changing experience, that will shift something big for you and how you view things, empowering you to take that next step.
Our trip will finish in Darwin at approximately 5 pm on the last day of the journey. We will drop you back in Darwin Cbd. It is recommended that your departure flight is not until the following day, in case of any delays along the way.
If you are flying into Darwin Airport, we recommend arriving the day before our adventure to avoid any flight delays or cancellations. Information on how to get to your accommodation can be found at https://www.darwinairport.com.au/transport-options.
Where to Stay:
People always ask for cheap, quiet and central... Darwin doesn't really do that. If you stay central, like on mitchel or on smith street (backing onto mitchel) it will most likely be pretty noisy.
Some decent options are:
Darwin poinciana Inn
Vitina Studio Motel
Alatai Holiday Apartments
These range between 120$ - 200$ and all are between 5-10 min walk from our starting location.
- Our tours are active participation-based tours. We rely on the goodwill of all passengers to make them a success. This includes your assistance in preparing meals, washing up, gathering firewood and loading/unloading vehicles.
- *All activities and site visits are dependent upon weather and seasonal closure. Suppose any attractions are inaccessible or closed for whatever reason. In that case, we will do our best to offer an equally attractive alternative or spend more time in the locations that we visit.
- *Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Luggage is restricted to 10kg per person.
- Please call or email us at least 48 hours before departure to confirm the pick-up location and time.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended for all guests.
- We offer a healthy and diverse menu on a tour that caters to most diets, including vegetarian and, if possible, gluten-free and vegan. If you have specific food requirements outside of this, we advise you to bring your own food as we operate in remote areas and catering to all isn't always possible.
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING
BY MAKING A BOOKING YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Ticket type
GST includedTax: GST included
+$42.50 service fee+$42.50 service fee
- Ticket type
Sleeping Bag hire
This fee is for cleaning the sleeping bagPrice$20.00
GST includedTax: GST included
- Ticket type
GST includedTax: GST included