Mon, 26 Aug|
6 Day Kakadu Mindfulness Adventure (Women's Tour)
This is a fantastic opportunity to escape into the beautiful outback, immerse yourself in nature, and feel grounded, empowered, and aligned with your inner being. Experience various mindfulness techniques nestled in powerful and ancient landscapes of majestic Kakadu National Park.
Time & Location
26 Aug 2024, 8:00 am ACST – 31 Aug 2024, 5:00 pm ACST
Darwin, Darwin NT, Australia
About The Event
***Contact WSR for payment plan!***
6 days, 5 nights
KOPI Stop, 1 Harriet Place, Darwin City NT
- Be guided on an expedition from Darwin to Kakadu, exploring beautiful landscapes, learning about local culture and connecting with like-minded women.
- See some of the world's most magnificent Rock Art at Ubirr in World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park.
- Participate in mindfulness and personal development activities led by a qualified life coach.
- Experience the power of Breathwork and meditation out on this powerful ancient country
- Trek hikes with breath-taking views
- Kayak through the serene Katherine Gorge
- Swim at waterfalls and secluded swimming holes
- Enjoy a scenic cruise across the Yellow Water Billabong
- All Meals
- Drinking Water
- Camping equipment
- Kayak hire at Katherine Gorge
- Campsite fees and National Park entry tickets
- Transport to all destinations in an air-conditioned 4WD.
- Accredited and Knowledgeable Guide
- Personal development activities
- The Yellow Water Cruise
- Sleeping bag (can be rented for $20)
- Any drinks besides water
- Travel Insurance (highly recommend)
Day 1: Darwin - Kakadu National Park
Embarking on a World Heritage Journey. Leave the bustling city far behind as we venture into the awe-inspiring world of Kakadu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site of unparalleled natural and cultural significance. Our first destination will be a sacred Rock Art site where time has etched ancient stories on the stones, offering profound insights into Indigenous culture and customs. As the day gives way to night, we'll set up camp deep within Kakadu's pristine bushland, a secluded haven near the captivating Jim Jim Falls.
Meals: Lunch (L), Dinner (D). Distance Traveled: 340km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 1km loop, Grade 2.
Day 2: Kakadu National Park – Summiting the Heights of Beauty
With the first light of day, we embark on a remarkable adventure, ascending to the pinnacle of Twin or Jim Jim Falls. This epic 6kmreturn hike begins with a challenging uphill climb, but fear not, for we shall conquer it at our own pace. At the summit, a breathtaking panorama awaits, revealing the dramatic beauty of the gorge below. Following our triumphant hike, we'll bask in the refreshing waters of Jim Jim Falls' lower pool, a reward well-earned.
Meals: Breakfast (B) Lunch (L), Dinner (D). Distance Traveled: 30km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 6km loop, Grade 4.
Day 3: Kakadu National Park – Billabong Wonder and Crystal Waters
Awaken to the harmonious melodies of tropical birdsong in our tranquil campground. In the morning, you will partake in a mesmerising cruise on the legendary Yellow Water Billabong, where prehistoric crocodiles and majestic Jabirus grace us with their presence. Our journey continues with a visit to the Warradjan Culture Centre, celebrated as one of the finest in the Northern Territory, if not all of Australia (in our humble opinion 😉).
Next, we venture to Barramundi Gorge, also known as Maguk, a hidden gem adorned with crystalline waters and a cascading waterfall, offering a rejuvenating swimming experience like no other.
Meals: Breakfast (B) Lunch (L), Dinner (D). Distance Traveled: 120km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 2km loop, Grade 3
Day 4: Nitmiluk National Park – Kayaking Beneath Towering Cliffs
Today, our expedition takes us through the southern reaches of Kakadu as we journey onward to Katherine, where the wonders of Nitmiluk National Park beckon. We'll embark on a breathtaking kayak adventure, gliding along the meandering river beneath the towering, crimson sandstone cliffs that will leave you breathless in their magnificence. As twilight descends, we'll make camp near the enchanting Katherine Gorge.
Meals: Breakfast (B) Lunch (L), Dinner (D). Distance Traveled: 240km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 1km loop, Grade 3
Day 5: Nitmiluk National Park – Cascading Beauty and Tranquil Exploration
Start your day with a sunrise spectacle followed by a hearty breakfast that fuels our journey northward to Edith Falls. Here, we'll uncover the enchanting cascade waterfall nestled within Nitmiluk National Park, a haven known for its breathtaking vistas and picturesque hiking trails. In the afternoon, our voyage continues towards Litchfield, where we'll spend the night just outside the park's borders at the idyllic Banyan Tree Resort.
Meals: Breakfast (B) Lunch (L), Dinner (D). Distance Traveled: 310km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 2km loop, Grade 3
Day 6: Litchfield National Park – A Grand Finale in Nature's Embrace
On this final morning of our remarkable adventure, awaken to the serenity of nature one last time. Our journey leads us to Litchfield National Park, a tropical paradise that serves as a fitting crescendo to our expedition. Here, we'll explore lush tropical trails and immerse ourselves in the cool, rejuvenating waters of its stunning waterfalls. It's the perfect culmination to a journey that has taken us through some of Australia's most spectacular natural wonders.
Meals: Breakfast (B) Lunch (L), Dinner (D). Distance Traveled: 190km. Hiking Distance and Difficulty: 3km return, Grade 2
If you are flying into Darwin Airport, we recommend arriving the day before our adventure to avoid any flight delays or cancellations. Information on how to get to your accommodation can be found at https://www.darwinairport.com.au/transport-options.
Where to Stay:
People always ask for cheap, quiet and central... Darwin doesn't really do that. If you stay central, like on mitchel or on smith street (backing onto mitchel) it will most likely be pretty noisy.
Some decent options are:
Darwin poinciana Inn
Vitina Studio Motel
Alatai Holiday Apartments
These range between 120$ - 200$ and all are between 5-10 min walk from our starting location.
Food and accommodation:
You will enjoy delicious and nutritious meals catered for any dietary requirements (Please let us know before our trip any dietary requirements you have). In total, five breakfasts, six lunches and five dinners with plenty of tasty snacks to help you keep going throughout the day. All meals are prepared onsite, and everyone will have an opportunity to come together to pitch in and help with the preparation.
Each night we will be comfortable camping. All camping equipment is provided, and we will be in a different location each night. You will be provided with a Swag, Pillow, Pillow case, and a tent to share.
You will need to bring your sleeping bag, or you can arrange to rent one from us for $20.00.
This is an active trip involving daily short hikes and walks, sometimes over uneven terrain, ranging from a few hundred meters to 6km, through rocky riverbed, stepping up and down, over rocks and boulders, or from boulder to boulder. As well as a Kayak trip, which includes carrying the kayak at times. Medium to high fitness level recommended. Even if you are not super fit you are more than welcome to come along, but keep in mind that you might have to sit out some of the walks. However there is NO age limit, everyone is welcome. Our trips are often quite mixed in terms of age, where people are from and what they do. There is also a weight restriction of max 90kg due to limited seating in the vehicle.
Who is this for?
This retreat is for those who want more than just a holiday and more than just a retreat. This is a perfect combination of both. Connect with like-minded women, laugh together, overcome challenges together, and learn how to conquer the mind.
This trip is whatever you want it to be:
- Just a relaxing fun holiday away from your phone and everyday stress, or
- A mind and body reset, learning new tools and trick to implement in everyday life, or
- A life changing experience, that will shift something big for you and how you view things, empowering you to take that next step.
Our trip will finish in Darwin at approximately 5 pm on the last day of the journey. We will drop you off at the location of your choice in Darwin Cbd. It is recommended that your departure flight is not until the following day, in case of any delays along the way.
- We highly recommend Travel insurance, in case you need to cancel last minute due to your flight not arriving in time, sickness, or any other reason.
- Our tours are active participation-based tours. We rely on the goodwill of all passengers to make them a success. This includes your assistance in preparing meals, washing up, gathering firewood and loading/unloading vehicles.
- *All activities and site visits are dependent upon weather and seasonal closure. Suppose any attractions are inaccessible or closed for whatever reason. In that case, we will do our best to offer an equally attractive alternative or spend more time in the locations that we visit.
- *Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Luggage is restricted to 10kg per person.
- Please call or email us at least 48 hours before departure to confirm the pick-up location and time.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended for all guests.
- We offer a healthy and diverse menu on a tour that caters to most diets, including vegetarian and, if possible, gluten-free and vegan. If you have specific food requirements outside of this, we advise you to bring your own food as we operate in remote areas and catering to all isn't always possible.
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING
BY MAKING A BOOKING YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Ticket type
+$187.70 GSTTax: +$187.70 GST
+$51.62 service fee+$51.62 service fee