Thu, 20 June|
Mindfulness Kayaking Adventure
Embark on a journey back to self through mindfulness practices whilst gliding down secluded Gorges of Majestic Katherine Gorge in Nitmaluk National Park
Time & Location
20 June 2024, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
KOPI Stop, 1/2 Harriet Pl, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
About The Event
Escape the busy city to Kayak through the renowned Nitmaluk National Park.
Everything is included and organised.
SAFE YOUR SPOT! Deposit only $320
***Contact WSR for payment plan!***
4 days, 3 nights
KOPI Stop, 1/2 Harriet Pl, Darwin City NT 0800
- Be guided on an expedition from Darwin to Katherine, exploring beautiful landscapes, learning about local culture and connecting with like-minded people.
- Participate in mindfulness and mindfulness activities led by a qualified life coach
- Experience the power of Breathwork and meditation out on this powerful ancient country
- Guided walk (up to 3 km, grade 2-4)
- Swim at waterfalls and secluded swimming holes
- Glide down scenic Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park
- 3 x breakfast, 3 x lunch, 3 x dinner
- Drinking Water
- Camping equipment
- Campsite fees and National Park entry tickets
- Transport to all destinations in an air-conditioned 4WD.
- Accredited and Knowledgeable driver-guide
- Personal development activities
- 2 Nights camping in Safari Tent or Basic Swag
- 1 Night in Katherine Gorge (unfortunately we can't take swags, we provide tent and a mat, if you have any lightweight camping equipment you would like to bring like a hammok, you are more than welcome to do so)
- Learn about Indigenous culture and rock art viewing
- Katherine Kayak hire
- Any drinks besides water
- Travel Insurance
Day 1: Darwin - Edith Falls
Our journey begins in Darwin, from where we'll embark towards our destination Katherine. Take a break at the enchanting Edith Falls for a leisurely hike, a revitalizing swim, and a delightful lunch. Spend a tranquil afternoon engaging in bonding activities and exploring mindfulness practices, before settling into our camp for the night in Katherine.
Day 2: Nitmiluk National Park
Early today, we awaken to catch our transfer along the Katherine River, marking the beginning of our Kayak Adventure. The entire day will be dedicated to paddling, swimming, unwinding, and immersing ourselves in the natural surroundings, fostering connections with nature, self, and fellow adventurers. Our journey concludes on a secluded beach in Katherine Gorge, beneath the captivating Milky Way.
Day 3: Nitmiluk National Park
Yet another day unfolds in this magnificent gorge, filled with additional paddling, swimming, and moments of relaxation. Engaging in mindfulness practices, we gradually navigate our way out of the Gorge. Returning to land in the afternoon, we'll make our way back to camp for a hearty dinner and another night beneath the starlit sky.
Day 4: Return to Darwin
Wake up to the serene melodies of nature. Bid a final farewell to the tranquility around us as we pack up and head back to Darwin. Expect to arrive around lunchtime.
Food and Accommodation on tour
You will enjoy delicious and nutritious meals catered for any dietary requirements (Please let us know before our trip any dietary requirements you have). All meals are prepared onsite, and everyone will have an opportunity to come together to pitch in and help with the preparation.
Accommodation in Tent with Swag and Pillow provided
This is an active trip involving daily short hikes and walks, sometimes over uneven terrain, ranging from a few hundred meters to 3km, through rocky riverbed, stepping up and down, over rocks and boulders. As well as paddeling a fair distance in the kayak (no previous experience needed) and having to porter (carry) the kayaks over rocky bits. Medium to high fitness level recommended. There is NO age limit, everyone is welcome. Our trips are often quite mixed in terms of age, where people are from and what they do. However there is a weight restriction of max 90kg due to limited seating in the vehicle, being a 4WD car and not a bus
Who is this for?
This retreat is for those who want more than just a holiday and more than just a retreat. This is a perfect combination of both. Connect with like-minded people, laugh together, overcome challenges together, and learn how to conquer the mind.
This trip is whatever you want it to be:
- Just a relaxing fun holiday away from your phone and everyday stress, or
- A mind and body reset, learning new tools and trick to implement in everyday life, or
- A life changing experience, that will shift something big for you and how you view things, empowering you to take that next step.
Our trip will finish in Darwin at approximately 5 pm on the last day of the journey. We will drop you back in Darwin Cbd. It is recommended that your departure flight is not until the following day, in case of any delays along the way.
If you are flying into Darwin Airport, we recommend arriving the day before our adventure to avoid any flight delays or cancellations. Information on how to get to your accommodation can be found at https://www.darwinairport.com.au/transport-options.
Where to Stay:
People always ask for cheap, quiet and central... Darwin doesn't really do that. If you stay central, like on mitchel or on smith street (backing onto mitchel) it will most likely be pretty noisy.
Some decent options are:
Darwin poinciana Inn
Vitina Studio Motel
Alatai Holiday Apartments
These range between 120$ - 200$ and all are between 5-10 min walk from our starting location.
- Our tours are active participation-based tours. We rely on the goodwill of all passengers to make them a success. This includes your assistance in preparing meals, washing up, gathering firewood and loading/unloading vehicles.
- *All activities and site visits are dependent upon weather and seasonal closure. Suppose any attractions are inaccessible or closed for whatever reason. In that case, we will do our best to offer an equally attractive alternative or spend more time in the locations that we visit.
- *Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Luggage is restricted to 10kg per person.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended for all guests.
- We offer a healthy and diverse menu on a tour that caters to most diets, including vegetarian and, if possible, gluten-free and vegan. If you have specific food requirements outside of this, we advise you to bring your own food as we operate in remote areas and catering to all isn't always possible
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING
BY MAKING A BOOKING YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What to Bring:
- Journal if you have one
- Yoga Mat (if you prefer your own - please let us know if you would like us to provide one)
- Insect repellant
- Wide brimmed hat
- Sturdy walking shoes/boots
- Jacket/Jumper and long pants (nights can be cool)
- Camera/ gopro
- Power bank (there may not be charging at campgrounds)
- Head torch
- Day pack (small backpack to use during day times)
- Water bottle 1.5l
- sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own - hire 20$)
- comfortable and casual clothing for the length of the trip.
- Dry bag - big enough to take everything you need overnight in the gorge
- Ticket type
Deposit Mindfulness Kayaking
Embark on a journey back to self through mindfulness practices whilst gliding down secluded Gorges of Majestic Katherine Gorge in Nitmaluk National Park.Price$320.00
GST includedTax: GST included
+$8.00 service fee+$8.00 service fee
- Ticket type
Embark on a journey back to self through mindfulness practices whilst gliding down secluded Gorges of Majestic Katherine Gorge in Nitmaluk National Park.Price$1,600.00
GST includedTax: GST included
+$40.00 service fee+$40.00 service fee